Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bee's Birthday



The cliche is true... Kids grow up really fast. It seems nearly impossible that one whole year has passed since Baby Bee was born.

I vividly remember the day that she came into this world, and while it was full of wonder and love, I felt as though there was no way that I'd figure out how to properly look after her. I had never taken care of an infant. Ever. I didn't have any babysitting experience apart from the neighborhood kids that I watched occasionally when I was 12 or 13.  

20 years hence, I am a mom. This little person who I carried for 40 weeks and 5 days has taught me to go with the flow (although I still have trouble letting go), and that each day is a gift. As my husband and I go through the highs and lows of parenthood, it is completely clear that the highs far surpass the lows. Bee is such a blessing and we can't imagine our lives without her. She has given me the most important (and hardest) job I have ever had.

Not that I was especially glamorous before, but it amazes me that I don't care if I'm covered in baby food, drool, pee, vomit, or poop. My clothes can be washed easily. I just love my baby girl beyond words. She will try my patience, and then she'll give me a sweet smile and my frustration melts away.

She is on the verge of becoming a toddler, and is such a bright, loving, and fun person. I can't wait to see what the future years bring. 

Sweet Baby Bee, Happy 1st Birthday! I love you to the moon and back, and even more than that. My life is so much better because you are in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.