Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bridesmaids Redux

Dress: Alfred Angelo / Jacket: Banana Republic
Shoes: Calvin Klein / Clutch: Marc Jacobs (for Neiman Marcus & Target)
Earrings: Jewelmint

And they said it couldn't be done... In most cases, if you're asked to be a bridesmaid, you resign yourself to the idea that you'll NEVER wear the dress again. All brides say "It's a cute style, and you could totally wear it later!" I was such a bride.

However, I am pleased to say that I was recently a bridesmaid matron of honor for my best friend, and I seized opportunity to wear my dress again at a wedding this past weekend. Maybe the ultimate goal in repeating a bridesmaid dress is to take it out of the wedding realm, but I'll take what I can get.

To change the style from it's original beach wedding look, I matched the halter dress with a sleek tuxedo jacket, strappy sandals, glam ombre earrings, and a shiny clutch. The best part was that I didn't buy any of these items for the occasion! Ah, the benefits of shopping your closet. From daytime demureness to evening elegance. 






4 comments:

  1. Did you re dye the dress? Looks almost royal blue here and totally fab honey! CAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CAC! No, I didn't re-dye the dress. The darker color is probably due to the light in the room when I took the photo. Glad that you liked the look!

      Delete
  2. i have a hot pink long mermaid style bridesmaid dress i'd like to see what you could do with lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... A floor-length hot-pink mermaid dress? That's a tough one! ;-)

      Delete

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.