Sunday, November 9, 2014

Focaccia Fiend


I love bread. Every iteration of bread is divine in my opinion. Crusty loaves, crispy crackers, all types of pasta. Yet, for all my yearning for and consumption of this heavenly carbohydrate, I've always believed that making bread is difficult. I was wrong. This lovely specimen only took about 10 minutes to pull together (in dough form, with around two 30-minute periods waiting for it to rise). Here's the rub: I can't find the original recipe that I used. Thank goodness that there are heaps of online resources. I have been craving focaccia again recently, and will probably make another one this week. This focaccia recipe is a good starting point from which you can create a delicious bread.

The ingredients and steps are really simple: flour, yeast, water, and salt are mixed together and quickly kneaded to form a dough. Coat the dough with the olive oil and let it rise for a period of time until it doubles in size. Then, stretch the dough to fit an oiled baking sheet, and poke dimples all over the dough using your index finger. Sprinkle your desired toppings (salt, peppper, herbs, onions, vegetables, etc.) on the dough, and drizzle more olive oil into the dimples. Let the dough rise for about another 30 minutes, and then bake it for up to 20 minutes. Crisp, golden deliciousness awaits!





No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.