Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Abeille Cuisine: Homemade Pizza



What do olive oil, whole wheat dough, fresh herbs, thin slices of prosciutto, and a mountain of grated manchego have in common? Well, they're the makings of a delicious and fast meal.

My love for Trader Joe's is well documented... It offers a wide range of organic produce, meats, cheeses, and other pre-packaged sundries for truly affordable prices. Here's an interesting side-note: they even have a cookbook of recipes featuring TJ's-brand ingredients!

Back to the topic at hand. Baby Bee and I went grocery shopping yesterday, and I wanted to make something simple and tasty for dinner. Years ago, I tried their pizza dough, and I thought that now would be a good time to pick some up again. While they offer plain, herbed, and even garlic dough, I went for whole wheat.

All you have to do is let the dough rise for 20 minutes, and you're in business! Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, and enjoy the fruits of your labor. 





YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.