Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nailed It!

Sally Hansen "Misbehaved" Nail Polish Strips

As a new mom, I'm learning the art of "the juggle". Truthfully, I don't believe there's a balance... Sometimes you give 100% to your family, and that's it for a week (or month).


Other times, you might be able to squeeze in 30 minutes for yourself here and there. If you're anything like me, you long for a fun, on-trend look for your tips and toes. Look no further than Sally Hansen's Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. They are incredibly easy to use, don't smudge, and last up to 10 days!

The other great thing about these strips is that they are free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde. I was surprised and disappointed to learn that some of my favorite brands still use these toxic chemicals in their formulas. So, you can feel safe using this product, and have a professional-looking mani in no time!

I decided to seize my "me time" during the drive back from my parents' house. Baby Bee was asleep, and hubby was driving. I even used the leftover strips to do my toes!

Yes, I know it's weird to do your nails in the car. I and several of my girlfriends have done it (only as passengers, of course). The same applies in this case with the strips. Friends don't let friends drive and polish. Ideally, you should apply the strips when you're comfortably seated in front of a table. Unfortunately, I didn't have that luxury.

Yet, I do feel like I have a luxe set of tips and toes... I get a jolt of glamour every time I look at my hands and feet.