Friday, January 18, 2013

Pumped Up Kicks



Shoes: Wanted

I try to keep an open mind when it comes to fashion. Designing clothes, accessories, etc. is an art form. However, art is subjective. To each her own, as it were. So, I have to say that I really can't get behind a current shoe trend: sneaker wedges.  I jumped into the fray, and went to try some on today, but they just didn't work out.

Why? They make no sense to me. We women wear both styles of shoes for comfort, and they do their jobs well. A wedge gives you height, glamour, and some comfort. A sneaker gives you comfort and a cool air. There is no need to combine the two.

I felt the same way about cage heels when they were everywhere about 3 years ago. Today, I don't mind them so much. Yet, I don't think my mind will change on the wedge sneaks... No matter how many years go by. Maybe you have to be 17-at-heart to appreciate them. I'm playing the old lady card.

What do you think?  Are they a "do" or a "don't"?

Update: (5/19: Some vindication for my opposition! Lucky magazine agrees that sneaker wedges are over.)