Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cookware Conundrum


I'm undeniably drawn to and intimidated by cookware. I dream of effortlessly creating sumptuous meals with the skill of a truly gifted cook. There have been many successes in my kitchen, but also plenty of failures. 

In an effort to hone my skills, I recently purchased a new All-Clad skillet. Nonstick. It's GORGEOUS. But, it scares me. I'm nervous that I'm not good enough for it. My fears became reality last week when I tried to make pork cutlets. The breadcrumb coating on them got stuck to the bottom of the pan, and the beauty of the meal was ruined. The cutlets tasted fine, but presentation is everything! (Perhaps I should have followed the cooking guidelines in the pamphlet that came with the skillet...)

So, I need to get back into the kitchen and try again. Maybe not pork cutlets, but something else that will make me feel like I am the chef who long to be.

Any suggestions/tips? Do you also suffer from cookware intimidation?


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.