Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ya Know, For Kids




It seems that you can find a kid-sized version of just about anything these days: Mini bagels, mini pizzas, Mini Coopers... But what about kid-sized versions of classic literature?

The other evening, Hubby did me a solid by taking Baby Bee out so that I could make progress on a freelance project. When they returned, they had a surprise for me. It was Pride & Prejudice! There have been multiple film adaptations of this great novel (The 1995 BBC version is my all-time fave... Hello, Colin Firth!), and even a recent zombie-filled literary version. Yet, I must express my LOVE for this BabyLit book. 






While there are several other books from which to choose, I'm so happy that my darling Hubby and Baby Bee selected this one. You can never have too many books, right? What a great way to introduce our girl to Jane Austen (and counting)!

P.S. Just in case you wondered what the Netherfield ball would have been like...

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love Pride and Prejudice. My sister and I have VHS tapes of the Pride and Prejudice BBC version from when it aired live. We would fast-forward through the taped commercials. We watched it so much, our dad knew Mr. Darcy. Our parents eventually got us the VHS set from Costco. We should really get the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my fondest memories from high school was watching the BBC / A & E version of Pride and Prejudice when it aired live, and it was a family affair too! Definitely buy the DVD, it's not too expensive any more. I feel a marathon coming on!

      Delete

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.