Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fledgling Artiste


When Bee was a newborn, I would often daydream about what it would be like when she could engage in "kid" activities. In recent months, my attempts to introduce her to coloring quickly began and ended with chewed up paper and crayons. But now, things are changing...Yesterday, we had our first coloring session together! I was inspired by a play date that Bee had last week. My lovely friend and her sweet-pea daughter had us over for some splashy fun with a water table and drawing with sidewalk chalk. 

After a pesky bee (buzz/stinger) wouldn't leave us alone, we decided to cool down indoors, finish lunch, and play some more. That's when my brilliant friend pulled out some crayons and paper for the girls. In a clever move, she secured the paper to floor with painter's tape! Such a simple thing, and it just blew me away! I love the creative tricks that moms think up for playtime. Our budding artists had fun drawing lines for a while and then eventually figured out how to peel (née rip) the paper off the floor.

One thing is clear as a result of this new artistic endeavor: Bee is right-handed. I am a lefty, and really hoped that we'd have another one in the family. Hubby frequently talks about the great sports advantage Bee would have if she were left-handed. Well, time's not up yet... Maybe she will be ambidextrous!

P.S. I know it's been ages since I've posted anything. It's been a busy week! I'm back on track now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.