Friday, June 7, 2013

Crowning Glory?



Back for another installment of "trends I can't get behind"...

Floral crowns. Is it 1969? Why am I seeing them everywhere these days? A hefty bloom or two in a woman's hair is lovely. Look to Billie Holiday for inspiration on that score. But, I just don't understand the crowns on anyone who isn't a flower girl. Flower girl, yes! Flower child, no!


The crowns come in a multitude of varieties: real flora, silk, metal, paper, etc. Now, I tried this out. As with all posts of this ilk, I won't say "no" to a trend unless I have actually tested the waters. I bought a floral crown/headband to wear to a wedding. My mistake was making the purchase online. I had no true idea of how large or small the flowers were. As soon as I placed the glittering band onto my head, I looked like my 8-year-old self at my cousin's wedding, in which I was (you guessed it) the flower girl.


Help me... Is this a summertime trend that you're wearing with abandon, or is it not your style either?

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.