Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Dress Deferred

 Dress: Robert Rodriguez for Neiman Marcus & Target
Clutch: The Limited / Necklace & Earrings: Forever 21
Shoes: DSW 

What happens to a dress deferred? Apologies for the poor Langston Hughes analogy, but I caught a glimpse of this dress in my closet the other day. It's been hanging there for about 3 months, and I still haven't worn it. Of course, I don't exactly lead the kind of life that supports the purchase of a black lace cocktail dress for my wardrobe on a whim. However, I had a moment when it seemed crucial that this dress must be mine. That moment struck during the post-holiday super sale online at Target. 

What can I say? The dress is classic and irresistible: black lace with a nude underlay.

 Eyelash lace to be exact... So pretty!

 You can't go wrong with iconic pearls and an elegant velvet / satin clutch.

Finish the ensemble with textured kitten heels, and tell me that this look doesn't channel Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina!


I will wear this outfit someday... I WILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.