Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Wear


Dress: Old Navy (similar) / Bracelets: Forever 21
Darkers: Anthropologie / Bag*: Vince Camuto
Sandals: Madden Girl (similar)

This weekend brought a heatwave to the L.A. area.  As a way to enjoy the outdoors, we headed to Westwood to stroll around UCLA.

Whenever we're getting ready to take Bee out for the day, I pretty much have 10 minutes to get myself together and out the door, since it always takes ages to get Bee cleaned up and dressed, make sure the diaper bag is packed with the essentials along with books, toys, extra clothes, snacks / lunch, water, etc.  Inevitably, I think that everything is good to go, and then I realize that Bee needs a diaper change. This outfit makes getting out of the house just a little bit easier.

My adgenda for getting dressed these days:

  1.   Find something comfortable
  2.   Let it be current, but not overly trendy
  3.   Cross my fingers to achieve an effortless yet put-together look

I figured that the best thing for me would be to wear something light and easy. Dresses are crucial because they offer one-piece ease. Chambray is the fabric of the moment, and you can't go wrong with a big cross-body bag (*purchased at ideeli.com). Aviators are classic and cool, while bronze gladiator sandals remind me that summer isn't far away.  I threw on some pyramid stud bracelets, and was good to go.


It was wonderful to hang out at my alma mater for an afternoon (GO BRUINS!). I never would have dreamt that I'd go back to campus with my husband and baby in tow. In 17 years, maybe Baby Bee will decide to go there to study biochemistry...




No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.