Sunday, March 3, 2013

Abellie Bakes: Banana Bread


I hate bananas. Their flavor corrupts everything that might be mixed together with them. I won't eat them for any reason...

Well, there is one exception: banana bread. It's just plain delicious. We always have bananas in the house now because Hubby and Bee eat them. So, when I see that we've got some stragglers in the fruit bowl because they're too spotty, that's when I swoop in and whip up a loaf.




I used this recipe, but made some adjustments* to reduce the amount of sugar and butter. I also added in a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon because it's my favorite baking spice.

While the baking time is vague, all you really need to do is test the center of the loaf with a toothpick to make sure it's done. If the toothpick comes out clean, you're good to go! The key is to thoroughly preheat your oven. In my oven, it took about 40 minutes.



This recipe results in a very moist cake that is excellent at breakfast, or as a snack. Slather some chocolate-almond or chocolate-hazelnut spread on a piece, and you will be in heaven!





No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spirit of positivity and sincere exchange, please comment in a respectful fashion.